Preview updated at 03:03 17/08/2019 UKT
IFK Amal v Vanersborgs IF
1.52
Over 2.5 Total Goals
Tipped at 2019-08-17 01:42 UKT (always check current prices before betting)

IFK Åmål vs Vänersborgs IF Match Preview and Prediction

On Saturday afternoon (UK time), Vänersborgs IF head to Örnäsvallens IP (Åmål) to challenge IFK Åmål at 1:00pm. This is a Division 2: Norra Gotaland game.

There is no official UK TV coverage for this fixture. Frog The Gambler will be providing live scores.

The following key findings explain the evidence for the tip in this match.

The rest of the preview introduces the dominant stats, and finalises the thinking underpinning the pick. As always, bet responsibly.

Betting Odds for IFK Åmål vs Vänersborgs IF

First up with the match winner market, bet365 are best price 2.15 about IFK Åmål, bet365 are offering 3.5 for the draw and bwin are 2.8 about Vänersborgs IF. These are among the top prices in the market.

For the Total Goals lines, the best price for Over 2.5 goals is 1.52 with bet365. The top price for Under 2.5 goals is 2.55 via unibet.

Next up, the latest odds for the BTTS market. If you like "Yes", it can be backed at 1.45 with bwin. "No" is currently available at 2.55 for account holders at bwin.

Head To Head

IFK Åmål played Vänersborgs IF in May. It was a Division 2: Norra Gotaland clash. The winners on the day were IFK Åmål with a final score of 1-2.

This is also the only match between these sides over the last decade.

IFK Åmål

At the moment, IFK Åmål have 7 points in Division 2: Norra Gotaland and they are in 13th place.

Looking over the last year, they have played 10 matches. They have 1 win; 4 draws; and 5 losses. This gives IFK Åmål a recent Win-Draw-Loss rate of: 10%-40%-50%.

During this recent year, they average 0.8 goals per match. They have conceded an average of 1.7.

Let's look at their record at home over the same time-frame. They have a win rate of 0% (0 wins) from their last 5 home fixtures. 60% (3) of these matches have been a draw, with the remaining 40% (2) being a loss.

On average they have scored 1.2 times when playing at home in this period. They have conceded 1.8.

In recent form, they have a total of 8 goals in their last ten matches; they have won 1 of these matches. The total number of times both IFK Åmål and the opposition have scored is 4 out of the ten. The total number of matches with over 2.5 goals scored is 5 from their last ten.

Vänersborgs IF

Vänersborgs IF have 11 points in The Division 2: Norra Gotaland, putting them in 9th position.

In their recent form over the last year, they have played 23 matches. They have 5 wins; 6 draws; and 12 losses. This gives Vänersborgs IF a recent Win-Draw-Loss rate of: 21%-26%-52%.

During this recent year, they average 1.13 goals per match. They have conceded an average of 1.61.

Specifically on their recent away record, they have a win rate of 23% (3 wins) in their 13 away fixtures. 38% (5) of these away games have been a draw, with the remaining 38% (5) resulting in a loss as the away side.

Their away scoring record for this period shows that their average number of goals scored is 1.15 and they have conceded 1.38 on average.

In their last ten matches, across all competitions, they have averaged 1.4 goals per match and this has led to their current win rate of 30%. The frequency of matches in which both Vänersborgs IF and their opposition have scored is 6 out of the ten; the total number of matches with over 2.5 goals scored is 7 in the last ten.

And they have scored in each of their last 5 matches.

Frog's betting tip for IFK Åmål vs Vänersborgs IF

For this preview, Frog is predicting a few goals. The odds-makers have made it odds-on that there will be three goals or more and this preview agrees. This price has some good value, so it is a pick made with some confidence behind it. bet365 make it a 1.52 shot that there will be Over 2.5 Goals.